A players/parents’ guide to Registrations 2017
Step 1: Follow the link to the Registration page and select your club:
***All coaches, match officials, managers and medical staff will need to register through the Management Registration Tab.
Step 2: Log-in or Create an account:
- If you don’t have one from previous years, the link to set one up is found either at the top or the bottom of the registration page.
- If you have one, login found at the bottom of the page
- The registration period is May 1 to April 30 annually.
Step 3: Who Are You Registering?
- Select yourself to register, OR add a new person to register with your account by clicking ‘A New Person’
Step 4: Member Information
- Complete the personal information for the person you are registering or yourself – this may be several pages depending on whether the individual is a minor or not (Member Information, Guardian Information, Emergency Contact Information)
- If you are missing any required information it will not let you proceed and will send you back to the page with the missing information highlighted
Step 5: Membership Selection
- Players must register in the category based on birth year.
- If a player needs to be moved up or down an age grade it CANNOT be done on the system and is handled on a case by case basis. Register in the appropriate category and then apply for dispensation. No games in the alternate category can be played until the dispensation is approved.
- Dispensation can take some time to complete, so please apply as soon as possible with your club coach & registrar. The forms can be found at http://www.edmontonrugby.com/juniors
- All players must select ‘Athlete’ if they are playing a full season
- Choose ‘Temporary’ for a 15-day pass.
- Temporary passes require a start date – select your start date to coincide as close as possible with your FIRST game to maximize the amount of games you can play. A pass is for 15 consecutive days and only ONE Temporary pass per season per person is permitted. These cannot be used for playoffs.
- Select all categories that are required – there may be only one option in some cases
- Children Under the Age of 5 (U5): For Edmonton and Area clubs taking part in the Mini Festivals, select the Recreational League Player (Touch or Flag) Category to pay the lowest fee.
- RECREATIONAL LEAGUE CATEGORY is NOT TO BE USED for anyone age 5 or older unless your club has a junior recreational program (Grande Prairie & Fort McMurray). Anyone else selecting this category will be required to re-register in the appropriate category prior to playing.
- MASTERS Category: men who are 35 and older can use this category to play ONLY Masters (old boys) tournaments or exhibition games. You cannot play Senior Men’s rugby with this category.
Step 6: Waiver and Code of Conduct
- Please read, acknowledge your understanding and ‘sign’ where required
Step 7: Review
- Please review the information to ensure accuracy
- If any changes need to be made, click the edit button of that section to correct Step 8: Shopping Cart
- Please check your fee assessment, if the numbers look correct, proceed to Checkout
- If the fees are not showing up correctly, contact your club registrar before proceeding to Checkout
Step 9: Payment
- Payment options are PayPal, Credit Card, Debit Card, or Interac Online
- Choose the appropriate option and complete the required information to pay
- Once payment is approved you should have a receipt provided – please save a copy of this for your records.
- Clubs are responsible for proving a player is registered prior to taking the field in any practice or game. Hefty penalties can apply to a club who is negligent.